Transfers to and from Dane County Airport
Available Transfer Options
Dane County Regional Airport Transfers
The Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) offers various transportation services to get you to and from the Airport.
Services to/from MSN, including rental cars, taxis, rideshares, shuttles, and buses, are available at the terminal grounds. Train services are not available at this facility.
Located about 20-25 minutes from Downtown Madison or about 11 kilometers away, passengers can reach the Airport using the following directions:
Heading North to Madison on I-90 (Interstate Highway 90)
Exit 138B west at Highway 30. Turn right on Highway 113, Packers Avenue. Turn right on International Lane at the first stoplight and continue to the airport terminal.
Heading South to Madison on I-90/I-94(Interstate Highway 90/94)
Exit 132 Highway 51 South, continue 3 miles. At the stoplight, turn right on Anderson St. Follow Anderson until it ends, turn right on International Lane and continue to the airport terminal.
Heading South on Highway 51
Three miles past Interstate 90-94, turn right on Anderson Street. Follow Anderson until it ends, turn right on International Lane, and continue to the airport terminal.
Heading West from Milwaukee on I-94 (Interstate Highway 94)
Continue west to Madison on Highway 30. Turn right on Highway 113, Packers Avenue. Turn right on International Lane at the first stoplight and continue to the airport terminal.
Heading Northeast to Madison on Highway 18-151
Turn right on Highway 12 at the beltline. Exit Highway 12 and follow Interstate 90 North, exiting at Highway 30 West. Turn right on Highway 113, Packers Ave. Turn right on International Lane at the first stoplight and continue to the terminal building.
Heading Southwest to Madison on Highway 151
Continue on Hwy. 151 South into Madison. The street name is East Washington Ave. Turn right on Stoughton Rd., which is also Highway 51 North.
Turn left on Anderson St., follow Anderson until it ends, turn right on International Lane and continue to the airport terminal.
In Madison, the summers are warm and wet; the winters are freezing, snowy, and windy; it is partly cloudy year-round.
Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 13°F to 82°F and is rarely below -7°F or above 90°F.
Planning your transfer options before hitting the road will give you peace of mind in Wisconsin.
Before leaving your home, know what items are allowed in your carry-on bag, what you can pack in your checked baggage, and what items are prohibited.
For the convenience and direction of the riding public, passengers may approach the Airport Information Desk for additional transport assistance anytime.
MSN Airport Information Desk Phone: +1 608-242-0493.
Its staff would help and support passengers in the airport terminal, dealing with requests for information and keeping passengers updated on changes to flights. They can also give out up-to-date information on flights and services.
It also provides help and support to passengers, including check-in, baggage processing, reservations and ticketing, boarding of flights, and providing particular passenger assistance, customer complaints, etc.
Finally, travelers should only transact at the airport counters and other legitimate establishments for their safety.
Rental Car Services at Dane County Regional Airport
MSN Car Rental Counters are across from the Baggage Claim Area at the Arrivals Hall. See all rental car companies at Dane County Regional Airport.
Generally, the rental facility is open 24/7, but you can inquire about specific service hours and return procedures at your service provider.
- To speed up the process when picking up your vehicle at the facility, please have your valid driving license, passport, and credit card ready to present at the counter.
- As soon as you have submitted any necessary paperwork, someone will bring you your car key and lead you to where your vehicle is stored.
- Plan and book your rental car as soon as possible ahead of your trip. Also, check with your rental car company to confirm your reservation ahead of your trip.
- When ready to return your vehicle to the car rental center, remove all personal items before turning over the rented vehicle to the designated facility.
- Allow plenty of time for your drive when returning the vehicle. If you're not sure where to go, give the rental company a call.
- When renting a vehicle, customers must abide by the Terms and Conditions of the rental company at all times.
- Don't hesitate to contact the rental car company directly for item(s) lost and found inside the vehicle.
- If you believe you lost an item near the rental offices, don't hesitate to contact the Lost and Found Office at +1 608-661-4809.
Ride Shares at Dane County Regional Airport
Rideshares can pick up and drop passengers at the designated area in front of the terminal building.
- Passengers can reserve rideshare by downloading the company's app on their smartphone and coordinating directly with their driver.
- They can also request a ride a few days before their flight to avoid the inconvenience.
- For added safety, ridesharing apps should let users verify the identity of drivers by checking out their faces, license plates, and colors.
Taxis at Dane County Regional Airport
Taxis can pick up and drop off passengers at the designated taxi ports at Ground Transportation Center.
Depending on the location, a one-way fare between Dane County Regional Airport and Downtown Madison should be less than $30. More information about taxis at Dane County Regional Airport.
Trains at Dane County Regional Airport
Trains are not available to/from this gateway.
For speed, safety, and convenience, guests can get a rental vehicle, grab a cab, or book rideshare from the Airport. Additional information about train services near Dane County Regional Airport.
Please approach the Airport Information Desk if you need other transportation assistance.
Buses at Dane County Regional Airport
Public buses are available from the Ground Transportation Center in front of the airport terminal. Further information about buses to and from Dane County Regional Airport.
Hotel Shuttle Services at Dane County Regional Airport
Many hotels in the area provide shuttle services. Passengers may confirm if this is available at their respective hotels.
Your shuttle should be available at the parking section at the Ground Transportation Center in front of the terminal.
Parking at Dane County Regional Airport
This Airport in Madison has enough parking spaces, and it is ideally open 24/7.
However, the parking area may impose strict operating hours for safety, maintenance, and operational requirements. See more information about long and short-term parking at Dane County Regional Airport.
If you have parking-related concerns that require immediate attention, please give the Parking Management Office a call at +1 608-246-3394.
Cash and credit card payments at the facility. Note that parking reservation is not available at MSN.